Students in Rutherford County contact
Jonathan Graham, Tennessee Promise Coordinator/Dual Enrollment Specialist
Students in Bedford, Cannon, Coffee, DeKalb, Franklin, Lincoln Moore, Van Buren, Warren and White counties contact
Debra Smith, Tennessee Promise Coordinator
Tennessee Promise Appeals and Exception Process
In order to qualify for an appeal, students must have completed and submitted proof of community service hours, TN Promise Application, Motlow Admissions Application, and FAFSA by the required Tennessee Promise deadlines.
Reasons for a TN Promise Appeal
- Illness of the student
- Illness or death of an immediate family member
- Extreme financial hardship of the student or student's immediate family
- To fulfill a religious commitment expected of all students of that faith
- Any other extraordinary circumstances beyond the student's control where continued attendance by the student creates a substantial hardship.
- Acceptable reasons shall also include a student's participation in an internship or co-op program that is required or encouraged as part the academic program in which he or she is enrolled.
Tennessee Promise Appeal Process
Please complete the appeal form below, attach any and all supporting documentation, and submit to the Motlow financial aid office.