Motlow State Community College
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
Apply by November 1
In 2014, the State of Tennessee passed into law, the ability for current high school graduates to go to any community college or Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) in the state, tuition-free!
The Tennessee Promise is an opportunity for all graduating high school seniors - regardless of academic or income status - to obtain an associate's degree or a technical certificate free of tuition and fees.
The Promise Begins at Motlow!
Tennessee high school seniors who complete their Tennessee Promise application by Nov. 1 and graduate from high school next spring will have the opportunity to attend Motlow College tuition-free beginning with the fall 2015 semester.
With over forty associate degrees and technical certificates in univerity path and high-demand career fields, Motlow College is the ideal place to complete the Tennessee Promise. Learn more about Motlow's academic programs.
Class of 2015 Application and Information Sessions
Motlow will hold four information sessions before the deadline, where current Tennessee high school seniors can complete the Tennessee Promise application and a Motlow College admissions application. The Motlow admissions application fee of $25 will be waived for high school seniors who attend a session and complete both applications.
Each of the four Motlow campuses - Moore County, Fayetteville, McMinnville and Smyrna, will hold an information session prior to the Nov. 1 deadline. Session locations, dates and times are as follows:
- Moore County Campus - Saturday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. - Clayton-Glass Library
- Fayetteville Center - Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 5:30 p.m. - FC 023
- McMinnville Center - Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 5:30 p.m. - MC 125
- Smyrna Center - Saturday, Oct. 18 at 10 a.m. - STH 113
Registration for the sessions is not required. For more information about these sessions, please contact Brenda Cannon, director of student and campus relations at Motlow, at 931-393-1548 or email@example.com.
In order for current Tennessee high school seniors to participate in the program, they must meet several requirements and deadlines:
- Apply for the Tennessee Promise by Nov. 1, 2014, at www.TNPromise.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Motlow College application by Feb. 15, 2015.
- Complete two mandatory mentoring meetings and eight hours of community service per semester.
- Enroll full-time at Motlow College for the fall 2015 semester.
Review Frequently Asked Questions & Answers to learn more and let your TN Promise begin at Motlow!